- PayPal Account
- PayPal Application ID
- PayPal API Credentials
"For new merchant accounts opened with PayPal, PayPal has decided to make it compulsory for users to register with them before payments can be made to the merchant account. If the credit cards are already registered with PayPal, then no registration is required. For existing merchant accounts, PayPal will phase in the registration requirement over time."
To find the PAYPAL APPLICATION ID follow the steps below!!
PayPal Application ID - Part 1
1. Open https://developer.paypal.com/ in your browser. Click the "Dashboard" Button
2. Sign in to your PayPal account, and click on "New App"
3. Fill out the app's information
*Fill out everything with the little red asterisks
Title: This is the title of your app
Platform: This should be iPhone
Description: Write a summary of how the food ordering, merchandise, or shopping cart systems work
Use Case list: The most common choices are: Digital Goods, Marketplace, Services, and Storefront
4. Keep filling out information - be sure to click on the drop down arrows on the left side of each *required* section
Adaptive Payments: Basic Payments are enough
- Checkout, and Payment Details should be checked
Expected Monthly Payment volume and average transaction amount?
- Fill these out according to your business' plans for the shopping cart
Who is responsible for chargebacks or refunds?
- Either your company, or your PayPal account
5. Fill out the last bit of information
Fill out step by step instructions on how someone is supposed to use your ordering service, and how they are support to pay.
For the section of supplying a test account and password, please use any random username and password you can think of.
Please upload a logo for your business.
6. Get the LIVE APP ID, not the SandBox ID
Paypal API Credentials - Part 2
1. Open paypal.com and log-in
2. If you have a personal account, upgrade to Business for free
3. After upgrading or if you already have a Business account, click on "Tools" to find the "API Access" link
4. Click on "Go to API Access" , and request your API Credentials
5. Take down your credentials for us!
*Please note: Your API Username is not the same as your Paypal Username