PROJECT : Ministry of Defence Singapore Portal
CLIENT : Ministry of Defence Singapore
As part of MINDEF’s national education and community engagement arm, Nexus’ core business is in strengthening Singaporeans’ sense of belonging and commitment to this place we call home. Some of Nexus’s engagement include Total Defence, N.E.mation!, ciNE65 and ConnexionSG.
To further engage and involve national education facilitators, MINDEF commissioned the development of a National Education portal targeted at MOE teachers, SAF commanders and national education professionals. Despite heavy investment, the adoption rate, amount of traffic and participation rates were below expectation.
Conversion Hub conducted a strategic review via primary research tools including focus group studies, stakeholder interviews, heuristic analysis and heat map analysis. Togather insights for the resulting information architecture, card sort tests, tree path analysis and live user testing were also conducted.
The portal saw the following strategic pivots:
- Providing NE Educators “Ready-to-consume” lesson plans and materials
- Aggregating “Ready-to-use” resources centred around 4 Key Activities (e.g. Racial Harmony Day)
- Revamp of content upload process
Along with the resulting uplifts:
- 95% scored the new site higher in satisfaction
- 93% scored the new site higher in effectiveness
- 240% improvement in time to complete tasks