PROJECT : MFA Portal Redesign
CLIENT : Ministry Of Foreign Affairs
The ministry of foreign affairs (MFA) oversee matters relating to protocol, consular issues and the Singapore Cooperation Programme among others. MFA has over 50 overseas mission, 43 non-resident High Commissioners / Ambassadors and 30 Honorary Consul-Generals/ Consuls.
As the demand for online services increases, MFA wanted to formulate a digital strategy that enhances MFA’s online presence and increase customer-centricity by having consistent and easy to use digital services for our citizens. This included its corporate website, overseas mission websites, e-services, recruitment portal, and social media presences.
Conversion Hub conducted a strategic review via primary research tools including focus group studies, stakeholder interviews, heuristic analysis and heat map analysis. To gather insights for the resulting information architecture, card sort tests, tree path analysis and live user testing were also conducted.
The portal saw the following strategic pivots:
- Reclassification of 3 data points (VISA, alerts, entry) into a one-stop country page
- Simplification of e-Registration for Overseas Travel
- Visualisation of Travel Advisory & Notice
Along with the resulting uplifts:
- 97% scored the new site higher in satisfaction
- 94% scored the new site higher in effectiveness
- 120% improvement in task completion rates
- 360 ° Human Design Methodology
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Digital Strategy & Branding
- Usability Testing